Additional highlights include:
- Unleashes the full potential of private cloud storage with unmatched scalability, performance, and reliability
- Enables simpler, flatter, low-latency chassis connectivity to reduce network complexity, management, and costs
- Optimizes data center connectivity over distance with integrated high-performance metro and global connectivity
- Simplifies and centralizes end-to-end Storage Area Network (SAN) management with comprehensive diagnostics, monitoring, and automation
- Maximizes performance for I/O- and bandwidth-intensive applications with more than seven times the performance of competitive offerings
- Protects investments in existing SAN fabrics and automation tools while reducing operational costs and minimizing business disrupt
Maximum Flexibility and Reliability
Brocade DCX 8510 Backbones are available in two modular form factors. Built for large enterprise networks, the 14U Brocade DCX 8510-8 has eight vertical blade slots to provide up to 384 16 Gbps Fibre Channel ports. Built for midsize networks, the 8U Brocade DCX 8510-4 has four horizontal blade slots to provide up to 192 16 Gbps Fibre Channel ports. The Brocade DCX 8510 family supports 2, 4, 8, 10, and 16 Gbps Fibre Channel, FICON, and 1/10 Gbps Fibre Channel over IP (FCIP).
To help minimize downtime costs, Brocade DCX 8510 Backbones build upon years of innovation and leverage the core technology of Brocade systems performing at greater than 99.999 percent uptime in the world’s most demanding data centers.
Simplified Scale-Out Network Design
Networks are evolving in order to adapt to rapid growth and change in the server and storage infrastructure. Brocade UltraScale chassis connectivity leverages optical Inter-Chassis Links (ICLs) of up to 100 meters to connect up to 10 Brocade DCX 8510 Backbones, enabling flatter, faster, and simpler fabrics that increase consolidation while reducing network complexity and costs.
UltraScale ICLs enable scalable core-edge and active-active mesh chassis topologies. These high-density chassis topologies reduce inter-switch cabling by 75 percent and free up to 33 percent of ports for server and storage. This maximizes overall port density in the lowest amount of rack space.
Simplified Management and Robust Network Analytics
Brocade Fabric Vision technology, an extension of Brocade Gen 5 Fibre Channel, introduces a breakthrough hardware and software solution that maximizes uptime, simplifies SAN management, and provides unprecedented visibility and insight across the storage network. Offering innovative diagnostic, monitoring, and management capabilities, the Brocade DCX 8510 with Fabric Vision technology helps administrators avoid problems, maximize application performance, and reduce operational costs. Brocade Fabric Vision technology includes:
- Flow Vision: Enables administrators to identify, monitor, and analyze specific application and data flows in order to maximize performance, avoid congestion, and optimize resources. Flow Vision includes:
- Flow Monitor: Provides comprehensive visibility into flows in the fabric, including the ability to automatically learn (discover) flows and non-disruptively monitor flow performance. Users can monitor all flows from a specific host to multiple targets/LUNs or from multiple hosts to a specific target/LUN; monitor all flows across a specific ISL; or perform LUN-level monitoring of specific frame types to identify resource contention or congestion that is impacting application performance.
- Flow Mirror: Provides the ability to non-disruptively create copies of specific application and data flows or frame types that can be captured for deeper analysis.
- Flow Generator: Provides a built-in test traffic generator for pre-testing and validating the SAN infrastructure, including verification of routes and integrity of optics, cables, ports, and ISLs, for robustness before deploying applications.
- Monitoring and Alerting Policy Suite (MAPS): Simplifies fabric-wide threshold configuration and monitoring. By leveraging pre-built rule/policy-based templates, applying thresholds and alerts to ports and switches is a simple two-step process. Organizations can configure the entire fabric (or multiple fabrics) at one time using common rules and policies, or customize policies for specific ports or switch elements—all through a single dialog. The integrated dashboard displays an overall switch health report, along with details on out-of-policy conditions, to help administrators quickly pinpoint potential issues and easily identify trends and other behaviors occurring on a switch or fabric.
- Brocade ClearLink diagnostics: Ensures optical and signal integrity for Gen 5 Fibre Channel optics and cables, simplifying deployment and support of high-performance fabrics. It leverages Brocade ClearLink Diagnostic Port (D_Port) capabilities of Gen 5 Fibre Channel platforms.
- Bottleneck Detection: Identifies and alerts administrators of device or ISL congestion as well as abnormal levels of latency in the fabric. It works in conjunction with Brocade Network Advisor to automatically monitor and detect network congestion and latency in the fabric, providing visualization of bottlenecks in a connectivity map and product tree, and identifying exactly which devices and hosts are impacted by a bottlenecked port.
- Integration into Brocade Network Advisor: Provides customizable health and performance dashboard views to pinpoint problems faster, simplify SAN configuration and management, and reduce operational costs.
- Critical diagnostic and monitoring capabilities: Help ensure early problem detection and recovery.
- Non-intrusive and non-disruptive monitoring on every port: Provides a comprehensive end-to-end view of the entire fabric.
- Forward Error Correction (FEC): Enables recovery from bit errors in ISLs, enhancing transmission reliability and performance.
- Credit Loss Recovery: Help overcome performance degradation and congestion due to buffer credit loss.
- Real-time bandwidth consumption by hosts/applications on ISLs: Helps easily identify hot spots and potential network congestion.
Optimized Data Center Connectivity over Distance
Connecting distributed data centers enables data mobility for advanced data protection solutions. Brocade DCX 8510 Backbones include integrated metro and global SAN extension that provides application agility and flexible business continuity and disaster recovery solutions.
The Brocade DCX 8510 family enables high-speed replication and backup solutions over metro or WAN links with native Fibre Channel (10/16 Gbps) and optional FCIP (1/10 GbE) extension support. The integrated metro connectivity includes in-flight compression and encryption to optimize bandwidth and minimize the risk of unauthorized access.
Emerging and evolving critical workloads and higher density virtualization are continuing to push the limits of SAN infrastructure. The Brocade DCX 8510 features industry-leading Gen 5 Fibre Channel that provides 16 Gbps line-speed performance and 8.2 Tbps chassis bandwidth to address next-generation I/O- and bandwidth-intensive applications.
Brocade DCX 8510 Backbones provide unmatched chassis, slot-to-slot, and port performance and bandwidth. In addition, local switching capabilities ensure that data traffic within the same port group does not consume slot bandwidth, maximizing the number of line-rate ports. Performance capabilities include:
- Brocade DCX 8510-8:
- Up to 384 ports (equivalent to 512 with UltraScale ICLs) at 16 Gbps
- 8.2 Tbps chassis bandwidth
- 6.1 Tbps Fibre Channel/FICON ports
- 2.1 Tbps UltraScale ICL bandwidth
- 512 Gbps bandwidth per slot
- Brocade DCX 8510-4:
- Up to 192 ports (equivalent to 256 with UltraScale ICLs) at 16 Gbps
- 4.1 Tbps chassis bandwidth
- 3.1 Tbps Fibre Channel/FICON ports
- 1 Tbps UltraScale ICL bandwidth
- 512 Gbps bandwidth per slot
Unmatched Mainframe Technology Innovation and Leadership
The Brocade DCX 8510 matches the highest-performing and most reliable FICON infrastructure with the industry’s fastest and most scalable System z mainframes. Brocade builds on more than 25 years of mainframe leadership that includes designing the FICON standard and authoring many FICON patents.
Industry-Leading Energy Efficiency
Brocade DCX 8510 Backbones are highly efficient at reducing power consumption, cooling, and the carbon footprint in data centers. While providing unmatched performance and scale, they use less than one watt per Gbps—making them four times more efficient than competitive offerings.
Our Sales Representatives are available to discuss your data center, network and power management needs.
Phone 630.904.6166 or