The Brocade VDX 6710 Switch is a high-performance 1 Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) fixed configuration switch that provides a reliable, scalable, and flexible foundation for supporting the most demanding business applications. It offers a cost-effective solution for connecting 1 GbE servers to an Ethernet fabric using Brocade VCS Fabric technology.
Revolutionizing the Way Data Center Networks Are Built
The Brocade VDX 6710 Switch is specifically designed to improve network utilization, maximize application availability, increase scalability, and dramatically simplify network architecture in virtualized data centers. Brocade VDX switches feature Brocade VCS Fabric technology, an innovative approach to networking that enables organizations to build high-performance, cloud-optimized data centers while preserving existing network designs and cabling, and gaining active-active server connections. For scale-out fabric architectures, Brocade VCS Fabric technology allows organizations to flatten network designs, provide Virtual Machine (VM) mobility without network reconfiguration, and manage the entire fabric more efficiently.
Additional Brocade VDX 6710 highlights include:
- Performance and low latency: Maximizes performance with 1 GbE ports and ultra-low latency through wire-speed ports with 600 nanosecond port-to-port latency and automated hardware-based Inter-Switch Link (ISL) trunking
- Simplified architecture: Simplifies network architectures and enables cloud computing with Brocade VCS Fabric technology
- Easy configuration: Enables organizations to manage an entire VCS fabric as a single switch with Brocade VCS Logical Chassis
- Maximizes network utilization: Allows efficient, load-balanced multipathing at Layers 1, 2, and 3, with multiple Layer 3 gateways
- Optimizes virtualization: Offers the automation needed to support highly virtualized server and storage environments while enabling the transition to cloud computing
Compared to classic Ethernet architectures, Brocade VCS Fabric technology allows all paths to be active and provides greater scalability — while reducing management complexity.
The Brocade VDX 6710 with Brocade VCS Fabric technology features 48 1 GbE copper interfaces and six 10 GbE SFP+ interfaces, making the Brocade VDX 6710 an ideal platform for Top-of-Rack (ToR) fabric deployments in existing 1 GbE server environments.
Strong Performance and Low Latency
- Maximizes performance with 1 GbE connectivity for intra-rack traffic in virtualized environments
- Provides ultra-low latency of 600 nanoseconds for the same ASIC on the switch
Unmatched Simplicity and Automation
- Brocade VCS Logical Chassis: Provides the ability to manage an entire VCS fabric as a single switch, upgrade software across the fabric with one command, and centralize monitoring and troubleshooting to enhance the overall availability and reliability of the network.
- Elastic, self-forming, and self-healing fabrics: Allow new switches added to the fabric to inherit the fabric configuration, providing a highly resilient, operationally scalable foundation.
- Auto Fabric Provisioning: Automatically downloads the latest software image from the server, reducing configuration time.
Maximum Efficiency and Resiliency
- Optimized east-west traffic: Moves traffic through any active path and avoids the multiple hops found in tiered tree topologies.
- Efficient multipathing across Layers 1-3: Delivers efficiently load-balanced multipathing at Layers 1-3, with multiple Layer 3 gateways for more effective link utilization.
Optimized for Virtualization
- Brocade VM-Aware Network Automation: Eliminates the manual configuration of port profiles when a VM is added to the fabric or moved.
- Automatic Migration of Port Profiles (AMPP): Applies VM and networking policies to a VM as it moves within the VCS fabric.
Ethernet Storage Connectivity
- Connects to iSCSI and NAS storage*, and simplifies virtualization server management
Monitors the health of certain switch components and, based on the threshold set, declares each component as marginal or down.
*The 1 GbE ports do not support Data Center Bridging (DCB).
Our Sales Representatives are available to discuss your data center, network and power management needs.
Phone 630.904.6166 or